Wednesday, August 12, 2015

EOC: Week 1 Customer Service Experience

My best customer Service Experience I would have to say most recently was at Lowes. I just recently went into the Lowes in Summerlin by my house to purchase some bug barrier. After purchasing the spray from Lowes I returned home to find out that the pump did not work, I was frustrated due to the fact of the nature of the purchase. I have earlier that day came home from being out shopping and found a scorpion in my master bathroom. After getting the pest out of my house I cleaned my floors and went to purchase the spray. So the next day I went to class and my friend went to Lowes to exchange the spray for a different one that we hoped worked. So my friend gave the cashier my receipt and told him she wanted to exchange for a different one and the cashier told her that she needed the card she paid with to do a return, I was so upset because that is not true. If you are doing an even exchange why would you need the card that the merchandise was bought with? Then he proceeded to return my spray back to the card and my card was with me at school. So I guess he did not need it to return it after all. I was so upset that this cashier was putting my friend thru this after all she wanted to do was do an even exchange. So I asked my friend to go back inside and speak with a Manager. After the manager heard how frustrated I was over this situation she gave my friend the bug spray for free. I didn’t expect that but it was very nice of her I had explained to her that I never have heard of such a rule and that her cashier needed to be retrained, and that I had Managed retail for the last 8 years. She was so apologetic it made me feel good that she went above and beyond to make sure I was satisfied with the outcome. So by far Lowes is has a customer for life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment