Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Distribution

Distribution is the process of making a product or service available for use or consumption by a consumer or business user, using direct means, or using indirect means with intermediaries. My food would all come from wholesalers, I prefer to use Organic food sources such as Trader Joe's. The reason for them to be my pick is because they are very affordable and if I buy in bulk the will work out and deal with me. I buy from them in my personal life and I would want my customers to have a healthy food choice when the purchase from After Stop. I want my food to be a number 1 pick not number 2 at that time of night. I also want my food to come from a company that does not believe in filler and preservatives. This store has gourmet prices very low so this is another way I will be able not to charge so much to my consumers.    Trader Joe’s has put its own special twist on the food price–value equation—call it “cheap gourmet.”
Another thing that makes Trader Joe’s products so special is that you simply can’t get them anywhere else. More than 80 percent of the store’s brands are private label goods, sold exclusively by Trader Joe’s. If asked, almost any customer can tick off a ready list of Trader Joe’s favorites that they just can’t live without, a list that quickly grows. “People get hooked on something and they keep coming back for it. That’s how it starts,” says a Trader Joe’s store captain. “They end up filling up their baskets, then entire carts. That’s the most common complaint that we hear. They came in for one or two things, and ended up with a whole cart full of stuff.”(Pg)274 Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing. believe that once my consumers find out that all my food is bought from Trader Joe's that will give me a heads up with a lot of my competition, my food will taste so great and will not have a heavy feeling after its been eaten. That is enough right there to keep me in business.  It’s all about value and price—what you get for what you pay. Just ask Trader Joe’s regular Chrissi Wright, found early one Friday morning browsing her local Trader Joe’s in Bend, Oregon.(Pg)274 Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing. The last thing I ever want is for my customers to force me to go out of business or cut my prices. Companies today face a fierce and fast-changing pricing environment. Value-seeking customers have put increased pricing pressure on many companies. (Pg)275 Armstrong & Kotler (2011). Marketing: An Introduction, 10th Ed. Prentice Hall Publishing

No comments:

Post a Comment